Memberships of NSEG
NSEG provides a dynamic forum for engineering geologists, geologists, engineers, geographers, environmentalists, crisis managers and disaster scientists so as to advance research and collaboration with the colleagues in similar disciplines. NSEG members will receive news updates from NSEG and IAEG, discount on journal prices, meeting registration privileges and discounts, career resources and more.
Main reasons to join NSEG!
NSEG is the single regional organization dedicated to the advancement of engineering geological science in the Himalayas. Uniting engineering geologists, geologists, engineers, hydrologists, geographers, and disaster scientists, NSEG will provide a dynamic forum for the engineering geologists community through peer reviewed scientific journals, international meetings and conferences, and scientific and technical committees. Right now, NSEG will accept memberships in the following categories.
Anybody who has the following status is suitable for Regular Member of NSEG.
- M.Sc. in Engineering Geology or equivalent
- M.Sc. in Geology or Geophysics or Hydrology or Mining or Meteorology or equivalent
- M.Sc. in Geotechnical Engineering
- M.Sc. in Engineering (any discipline) or equivalent
- M.A. or M.Sc. in Geography or Crisis Management or Disaster Management
- M.Sc. in Physics or Mathematics or equivalent and experience in Disaster Risk Management
- M.Sc. in Environmental Science or equivalent
- M.A. in Humanities and Arts with working experience in Disaster Risk Management
- Have a Ph.D. and is working in the field of Disaster Risk Management
Being a regular member of NSEG, he/she will be Nepalese National Group Member of IAEG. He/she need to pay NRs. 800 (~US$7.00) along with NRs 500 as the membership fee. One-time registration fee is NRs. 200 for regular members. Therefore, regular members will pay NRs. 1500 for the first year of membership and the annual fee will be NRs. 1300.
Anybody who has the following status is suitable for Affiliated Member of NSEG.
- Master level student of engineering geology/geology/geotechnical engineering/environmental science or any related subjects’ engineering
- BE Civil or any other discipline of engineering and working in the field of Engineering Geology and Geotechnical Engineering
- B.Sc. Geology and working in the field of Engineering Geology and Geotechnical Engineering
- B.Sc. Environmental Science/Physics/ Meteorology/Statistics and working in the field of Engineering Geology and Geotechnical Engineering
Affiliated Member needs to pay NRs 500 as the membership fee.